Interior and exterior painting are one of the best ways to transform the look of a property. As you apply a fresh coat of paint, your home or business space will look as good as new. If the paint job is not done the right way, you will run into several issues, including cracking, flaking, peeling, and bubbling. So how do you deal with these problems, and what must be done to fix them? This guide from expert commercial painters Sydney will help you out.
Paint cracks initially appear to be small, but they will grow quickly over time. Here are some of the reasons why paint cracks on walls:
- A low-quality paint product was applied on the surface.
- The paint is really old.
- No primer was applied on the surface before beginning the paint job.
- The paint wasn’t applied properly.
To fix this situation, remove the paint using a scraper first. Sometimes you will have to remove the entire layer of paint and start with a fresh coat after properly preparing the surface. A professional team of commercial painters Sydney can rectify this problem in a jiffy.
Understanding how paint bubbling takes place will help you prevent the same. Paint bubbles usually form when the paint film detaches itself from the surface, predominantly due to lack of adhesion. Some of the common causes of paint bubbling include the following:
- The surface wasn’t prepared before the application of paint.
- The paint job was done on a humid day.
- New paint was applied when the temperature is too hot or too cold. It is advisable not to paint a surface when the temperature is over 32°C and under 10°C.
- The paint got exposed to moisture as soon as it dried up.
Skilled residential painters Sydney suggest that you dry the wall or surface thoroughly before applying the paint. This way, you could reduce the chances of paint bubbling.
Another common issue that property owners face is the blistering of paint. This usually happens when a newly applied paint somehow forms a blister on the surface. Some of the reasons for paint blistering are as follows:
- The surface was contaminated even before the new coat of paint was applied.
- Solvents trapped beneath the surface.
- Old paint wasn’t entirely removed before the new coat is applied.
Paint blistering can often be prevented when the surface isn’t directly painted in sunlight or by ensuring that there’s no moisture causing the paint to peel off the wall or surface.
It is always ideal to hire a team of painters Sydney that resolves these issues and prevents them from occurring in the future. They implement the perfect paint job using high-quality paints and ensure that it will last as long as possible. Get in touch with a painting company today.